Dried fruits like apricot, dates, yellow and green sultana are super food items that are rich sources of minerals, vitamins, proteins and other essential nutrients. These fruits need to eat in moderation on a regular basis to get the desired benefits. People prefer Buy dried fruit online UK city in large quantities and store them so that they can eat as and when required. But it is important to store these fruits adequately as a risk of contamination runs high if not stored properly. So, if you are not aware of the right way of storing these items, this guide will definitely help you.
Storage Tips of Dried Fruit Items
- These fruits need to store in a clean, dry and airtight container. The fruits are exposed to air as and when the containers are opened by a person. Thus, prefer storing them in a small container or in small quantity to maintain their freshness and avoid the risk of contamination. Plastic freezer bags, vacuum packaging, home canning jars and plastic freezer containers with lids are the best choices of packaging.
- If a person is storing the dried fruit items in freezer bags, it is necessary to remove all air content before sealing the bag.
- Though the shelf life of most of the dried fruit is one year, it is advisable to store it for the maximum time period of six months.
- Exposure to sunlight reduces the shelf life of every dried fruit. Thus, store them far away from the reach of sunlight.
- Storing them in the freezer or refrigerator preserves their freshness.
- Do not forget to inspect dried fruit before eating them. Discard them right away if you observe any thin layer of mold.
Last but not the least; make sure to Buy dried fruit online from reputed UK based stores that deal in high quality dried fruit items. So, keep these following storage tips in the mind and buy the premium quality of dried fruits from online stores.